There are many DTH service providers in India, but Tata Play is the largest DTH service provider among them. A few years back, TRAI changed the guidelines for cable and DTH operators. Now, you have to pay for the individual channels that you want to watch. So if you have a Tata Play DTH connection, you can add or remove channels in Tata Play through the mobile app.
We all connect to the TV in all 3 popular ways to get news, entertainment shows, dramas, reality shows, movies, and much more. These are Cable TV, DTH and OTT streaming i.e. Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Netflix and more.
But here, DTH is one of the most preferred services compared to all other services and is cheap. You can easily add and remove channels of all DTH operators at any time of the day.
Add or Remove Channels in TATA Play
This is the easiest way to add and remove channels in the Tata Play mobile app. You have to download it, open it and log in with your registered mobile number. Following are some steps that you have to follow.
Add Channels in Tata Play:
- Tap on the profile icon at the right upper corner.
- On the next screen, select the ‘My Tata Play‘ option, and next the ‘Manage Pack‘ option.
- You will get the ‘Modify Packs and Channels‘ option on the next screen.
Also check: – Tata Play Temporary Suspension
- The next screen will appear, here you will get three options which are ‘Quick Add Channels, Drop Channels and Modify Current Pack’.
- Here, select the ‘Quick Add Channel’ option to add a quick channel to your pack. On the next screen, you will find the channel category.
- Select the category of the channel you want to add, the channel list will appear on the next screen.
- Tick mark the check box for the channel you want to add and tap on the ‘Proceed‘ option at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, you will get your pack details and select the ‘Confirm‘ option to confirm.
In this way, channels will be added within 15 seconds, and you can add multiple channels.
Official website: Check here
Remove Channels in TATA Play:
This is also the same process you have to continue.
- Select the ‘Drop Channel’ option to remove the channels which you will be seeing in the image above.
- On the next screen uncheck the channels you want to remove.
- Tap on the ‘Proceed‘ option and ‘Confirm‘ on the next screen.
Add or Remove Channels in Tata Play by WhatsApp
This is also very simple, you have registered your Tata Play DTH account on WhatsApp by giving a missed call to 9229692296 from your registered mobile number. Make sure that your registered mobile number and WhatsApp number are the same. You will get a confirmation message from the Tata Play service centre on your WhatsApp.
- Send Add or Drop (Space) EPG Number.
- For example, to add drop Ten Sports ALC: Add 470 / Drop 470.
Add or Remove Channels in Tata Play by Missed Call
Another best option for users is to add and remove channels in Tata Play. Give a missed call to 080 6858 followed by the EPG number of the ALC you wish to add.
- To Add Ten Sports ALC (EPG No. 470), give a missed call on 080 6858 (0470).
- To Drop Ten Sports ALC (EPG No. 470), give a missed call on 080 6858 (0470).
A: Yes, you can add and remove channels in Tata Play through the Tata Play website.
A: Yes, you can add and remove channels through Tata Play ‘Chats’ option. You have to open the Tata Play mobile app and select the ‘Help’ option. Here you will get a chat option to chat with Tata Play Virtual Agent.
A: Yes, you can do this at any time, but the channel locking period can be days or months. This rule may change over time.
A: Yes, It has a minimum charge of Rs 153/- p/m.
A: Tata Play platform has channels and packs from all the major broadcasters like Star, Sony, Zee, Times, TV18, etc. Each broadcaster has several packs of its own channels. There are over 250 broadcaster packs.
Watch This Video: