National Medical Commission (NMC), formerly MCI, is the authorized body for MBBS in India. To study MBBS, one needs to qualify National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), conducted once a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Parents want their children to become a doctor by any means because the doctor’s profession is highly respected in society. If unable to get a seat, they prefer to study MBBS abroad instead of in India. Today in this article, we will share the best country list for MBBS abroad at low-cost tuition.
Most Indian private medical colleges charge a hefty amount for MBBS studies, which may not be possible for a typical middle class in India. In such a situation, studying MBBS abroad is the best option for Indian students.
MBBS course fees abroad are less than in Indian private colleges, but it is most challenging for students and parents to decide the best country. Hence, we will also mention the eligibility criteria, fee and course duration along with the list of best countries.
Why Study MBBS Abroad?
Studying MBBS abroad would be the best option for those students who cannot afford the fees of private medical colleges. But if you can afford such a hefty fee, you can take admission to private medical colleges in India.
Students in India have to pay around 80 lakhs in private medical colleges and only four lakhs in government medical colleges. Yet, the same you can complete the MBBS study abroad by spending around 30 to 50 lakhs.
Apart from the above reasons, the dominant factors motivating Indian students to pursue MBBS abroad are as follows:
- A large number of seats are available in universities abroad which are required for international students.
- The cost of pursuing MBBS is lower as compared to private universities in India.
- Universities abroad are known to offer top-level facilities, world-class faculty and globally recognized degrees to their students.
- Upon completion of their courses, students are allowed to practice in the host country.
- Students pursuing their MBBS abroad only need to qualify for the MCI approved Foreign Medical Graduate Examination or FMGE to practice in their country.
- Students can also apply for financial help and scholarships to further medical studies abroad.
- Universities abroad also provide paramount safety and security for foreigners to study, so they feel at home in a foreign country.
- To attract international students, many universities use English as the primary language of instruction in medical colleges.
Also Read: Career Option after 12th PCM
Best Country for MBBS Abroad
Research shows how the availability of the limited number of government seats and high tuition costs in private medical universities compel Indian students to study abroad every year.
Every year 13 to 15 lakh students prepare for the NEET exam for around 76,928 government seats and another 927 seats. So naturally, for the rest of the students, studying abroad is a better option.
Hence, along with the country, the education standard, low-cost tuition, infrastructure, course duration, all these factors play an essential role in selecting a country to study MBBS abroad.
These are the top globally recognized countries to study MBBS abroad at a low cost which is as follows.
The following are the prevalent factors towards furthering MBBS abroad: Before proceeding here, it is necessary to clarify a little about NEET.
Is the NEET Mandatory for MBBS?
To study MBBS or BDS, it is mandatory to qualify in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Generally, you cannot get admission to any university globally without passing the NEET, So it is essential to pass the NEET (entrance exam).
Millions of students in India prepare for NEET every year, and only a few get success. Moreover, thousands of students do not get seats even after qualifying NEET due to insufficient government medical seats.
So, in such a situation, those who have a lot of money, who can afford the fees and in any case they have to become doctors, do not go out for studies, it would be right for them to enrol in such private medical colleges.
But private medical colleges in India charge a vast amount for MBBS degrees, which is not possible for everyone.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Abroad
Each country can have its own set of rules and eligibility criteria. However, to study MBBS abroad, students must know the general eligibility guidelines for top countries.
- Must have completed 17 years of age by 31st December of that year.
- Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12th.
- The aggregate percentage should be at least 50% or more. Studied in English as a compulsory subject.
- An eligibility certificate is essential for admission to foreign medical universities. The eligibility certificates are issued by the Medical Council Board.
- Students are also required to pass the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) examination, and it is compulsory.
Now we talk about the top countries and universities for Indian students to do MBBS abroad.
MBBS in Philipines:
MBBS study in the Philippines is considered one of the best education systems in Asia. It is entirely in English at a cost-effective and high-quality medical education system for students.
This country has a 90% literacy rate, which proves that education is of primary concern. Besides, Filipinos are considered the most competent in the world to speak English.
The Philippines is famous for its highest level of education and educational institutions. As a result, the country is a significant exporter of English teachers, nurses, doctors and skilled workers abroad. It offers a Doctor of Medicine or MD, equivalent to MBBS in the Indian education system.
|Eligibility||Candidates in 10+2 PCB Group with Minimum 50% Marks|
|NEET Exam||NEET is mandatory|
|Minimum Tuition fee||Rs 4 lakh/year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||Rs 6 lakh/year|
|Course Duration||5.5 years ( Includes Internship)|
|Medium of Instructions||English|
|Cost of Living||Rs 13000/- to 16000/- p/m (approx)|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|Currency||Philippine Peso (PHP)|
Top MBBS Colleges in Philippines
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal
- Emilio Aguinaldo College-School of Medicine
- Southwestern University
- Lyceum Northwestern University
Also check: Courses After 12th Biology.
MBBS in Bangladesh:
Indian students who want to study MBBS from Bangladesh can apply for direct admissions under the SAARC countries quota at very regular fees. Students can also apply to study MBBS in Bangladesh if they do not want to go through the SAARC program. Pursuing the MBBS course in Bangladesh would cost students approximately Rs 30-60 lakh for the entire program.
|Eligibility||12th PCB group, minimum of 50% marks.|
|NEET Exam||NEET is mandatory|
|Minimum MBBS Tuition fee||Rs 5 lakh/year|
|Maximum MBBS Tuition fee||Rs 10 lakh/year|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Teaching||English |
|Cost of Living||Rs 7000/- to 9000/- p/m|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO|
Top MBBS Colleges in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Monno Medical College & Hospital
- Enam Medical College
- East-West Medical College
- Medical College for Women and Hospital
- Delta Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
MBBS in China:
According to the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, only 45 universities in China are qualified to teach MBBS degrees in English and accept international students.
So, if Indian students want to do MBBS in English, then, in that case, they have to take admission to one of these educational institutions. Otherwise, they will have to do medical studies in the Chinese language.
The cost of medical studies in China is INR 3 lakh to INR 8 lakh annually. Therefore, they are trendy among Indian and international students as they get a reasonable budget. This is the reason that international students prefer to study MBBS from China.
|Eligibility||12th PCB with 50% marks|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||Rs 4 lakh/year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||Rs 6 lakh/year|
|Course Duration||5+1/Year (One-year Internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English |
|Cost of Living||Rs 12000/- to 15000/- p/m|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO accredited|
Top MBBS Colleges in China
- Shantou University
- Southwest Medical University
- Zhengzhou University
- Nantong University
- Kunming Medical University
- Xiamen University
- China Three Gorges University
- North Sichuan Medical University
MBBS in Poland:
Poland is another best choice for Indian students to do MBBS abroad due to the high quality of education, low tuition fee structure and high growth rate.
There have many Medical Schools, some of the most prestigious medical schools worldwide. Nowadays, many students from India are opting for MBBS in Poland in India.
Poland Medical Universities degree is recognized globally, and students can appear for the MCI screening test. In addition, MBBS facilitates Indian students with top medical universities in Poland, which MCI accredits.
|Eligibility||10+2 in PCB 75% marks|
|NEET Requirement||Yes, Compulsory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||Rs 6 lakh/year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||Rs 10 lakh/year|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Cost of Living||Rs 15000/- p/m|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO Approved|
Top MBBS Universities in Poland & Fee Structure
MBBS fee structure will vary from college to college. It may change over time, so check the details before admission.
|MBBS Colleges in Poland||Tuition fee (per year) |
| Poznan Medical University||Rs 6.2 lakh (approx)|
|University of Silesia||Rs 6.4 lakh|
|University of Wroclaw||Rs 6.5 lakh|
|Warsaw Medical Academy||Rs 6.3 lakh|
|Medical Unversity of Gdansk||Rs 5.3 lakh|
List of MBBS Colleges in Poland
- Poznan Medical University
- Medical University of Lublin
- University of Silesia
- University of Wroclaw
- Warsaw Medical Academy
- Medical University of Gdansk
MBBS in Nepal:
Nepal is one of the favourite places for Indian students to study MBBS. Proximity and flexible immigration policies have made this country an essential centre among Indian students wishing to study MBBS abroad.
The entire program’s cost ranges from 35 to 45 lakhs, Nepal and India also share cultural similarities, and the climate makes it easier for Indian students to settle abroad. Some of the top colleges in Nepal to pursue medical studies are listed below.
Top MBBS Universities in Nepal & Fee Structure
The candidates need to check MBBS Tuition Fee details before admission as Fees may change with time.
|MBBS Universities in Nepal||Tuition fee (per year)|
| Kathmandu University (KU)|| Rs 6.1 lakh (approx)|
| College Of Medical Sciences ||Rs 5.5 lakh|
| Nepal Medical College ||Rs 7.5 lakh|
| Kathmandu Medical College ||Rs 8.0 lakh|
List of MBBS Colleges in Nepal
- Kathmandu University (KU)
- College Of Medical Sciences (CMS Nepal)
- National Medical College
- Nepal Medical College
- Janaki Medical College
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
- Kathmandu Medical College
MBBS in Russia:
The high quality of medical education, infrastructure and low tuition fees are primary reasons students want to pursue MBBS from Russia.
All Russian medical universities are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of India (MCI), and 12 of these universities teach MBBS English.
The Russian government provides a subsidy for education, and the MBBS fee in Russia is meagre compared to other countries.
Due to their international affiliation, all students pursuing MBBS from Russia can practise globally, including in India.
Top Medical Colleges in Russia
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University (Nizhgma)
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, Moscow
- Belgorod National Research University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Mordovia State University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Ryazan Medical University, Ryazan
MBBS in Ukraine:
Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe, and it is one of the most sought after study abroad for medical studies. In addition, the country is the hub of top government medical universities offering MBBS, MD and other medical/medical related degrees.
The top medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by leading organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Qualifications Bachelor’s medical degrees are recognized everywhere and are eligible to apply for medical positions in any corner of the world.
Candidates are not required to appear for any entrance examination to get admission to Medical Universities. The average duration of the MBBS program in Ukraine is 5.8 years.
Top Medical Colleges in Ukraine & Fee Structure
|Top MBBS Universities||Fees (per year)|
| Bogomolets National Medical University ||Rs 4.1 lakh (approx)|
| Kharkiv National Medical University ||Rs 4.0 lakh|
| Vinnytsia National Medical University ||Rs 4.5 lakh|
Top Medical Colleges in Ukraine
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lugansk State Medical University (LSMU)
- M. Gorky National Medical University (DNMU)
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Odessa State Medical University
- Donetsk State Medical University
Keep in Mind: Candidates are reminded that they must clear the MCI approved ‘Foreign Medical Graduates Examination’ to practice in India. However, candidates should always go to MCI approved universities and avoid dodgy study institutions.
A: These are the top universities abroad like Oxford, Cambridge and Stanford etc.
A: It will depend on different circumstances, but it will be Ukraine, Phillippines, and China in general terms.
A: The Philippines is a globally renowned country for its training, quality education and in-depth research, making it one of the most preferred countries for Indian students to study MBBS.
A: There are 45 medical institutions abroad that have been approved by MCI.
A: China is the cheapest country to study MBBS that is globally recognized.
A: If one cannot get a seat for MBBS through the NEET exam, there is a good option for Indian students abroad. Because there, one can get good faculty and quality education for less money, which is not possible in most Indian private medical institutes.
A: It is challenging to choose a country between the Philippines, Ukraine and China, it can all be a personal choice, but it can all be the best country to study MBBS abroad.
You May Also Like:
- Central Bank of India Recruitment 2022, Apply Online for Specialist Officer
- West Bengal Police Recruitment 2022: Eligibility, Selection, Exam dates
- BSF Group C Recruitment 2021, Apply Male Female, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
- DSSSB Combined Exam 2022 Notification for TGT, PGT, PRT & More Posts
- GMRC Recruitment 2021: Apply Online, Qualification, Vacancy