In every society, the appearance of a doctor is considered highly respected in the community. In such a situation, especially in India, every parent is willing to spend lakhs of rupees to get their son or daughter to become a doctor if they are unable to get a seat for studying MBBS through NEET exam.
They will now get two options for studying MBBS, one in private colleges in India and another is abroad. Studying MBBS abroad is the best option for Indian students.
The MBBS course fees are much lower abroad than Indian private colleges, but the most crucial factor here is to choose the country which is the best country for MBBS abroad.
Today in this blog page, we will mention the best country for MBBS abroad for Indian students and their eligibility criteria, fees and course duration.
Why Study MBBS abroad?
Studying abroad will be the best option for the students to pursue MBBS who does not afford it fees in our Indian private medical colleges.
Candidates who are unable to secure a government seat should see private medical institutions, but here they charge exorbitant tuition fees from students.
Students in India’s private medical colleges will have to pay around 80 lakhs than four lakhs in government medical colleges. The same abroad, you can complete the study of MBBS by spending about 30 lakhs to 50 lakhs.
Apart from the above reasons, the dominant factors motivating Indian students to pursue MBBS abroad are as follows:
- A large number of seats are available in universities abroad which are required for international students.
- The cost of pursuing MBBS is lower as compared to private universities in India.
- Universities abroad are known to offer top-level facilities, world-class faculty and globally recognized degrees to their students.
- Upon completion of their courses, students are allowed to practice in the host country.
- Students pursuing their MBBS abroad only need to qualify the MCI approved Foreign Medical Graduate Examination or FMGE to practice in their country.
- Students can also apply for financial help and scholarships to further medical studies abroad.
- Universities abroad also provide paramount safety and security for foreigners to study, so they feel at home in a foreign country.
- To attract international students, many universities use English as the primary language of instruction in medical colleges.
Also Read: Career Option after 12th PCM
Best Country for MMBS abroad
Research shows how the availability of the limited number of government seats and high tuition costs in private medical universities compel Indian students to study abroad every year.
Every year around 15 lakh students prepare for NEET exam for only 60,000 government seats. Naturally, studying abroad is a better option for the remaining students.
Hence, these factors, combined with country, total fees, and course duration, play an essential role in selecting a country to study MBBS abroad every year.
These are the top countries for studying MBBS abroad.
Apart from the above reasons, following are the prevalent factors towards furthering MBBS abroad: Before proceeding here, it is necessary to clarify a little about NEET.
Is NEET exam mandatory for MBBS
To study to MBBS or BDS, it is mandatory to pass the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), and it is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
You cannot get admission to any university globally without passing the NEET exam, So it is essential for you must pass the NEET exam.
Millions of students in India prepare for NEET every year, and only a few get success. Thousands of students do not get seats even after qualifying NEET due to insufficient government medical seats.
So, in such a situation, those who have a lot of money, who can afford the fees and in any case they have to become doctors, do not go out for studies, it would be right for them to enrol in such private medical colleges.
But remember private medical colleges in India charge crores of rupees for MBBS degree, which is not possible for everyone.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Abroad
Each country can have its own set of rules and eligibility criteria. To study MBBS abroad, students are required to know the general eligibility guidelines for top countries.
- The student must complete the age of 17 by 31 December of that year, as long as he/she is entering.
- The student has completed his class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The student must have a total percentage of at least 50% or more and must have studied English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate will also have to require an eligibility certificate at the time of admission to foreign medical universities. The Medical Council of Indian Government issues this eligibility certificate.
- Students are also required to pass the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) examination, and it is compulsory.
Now we talk about the top countries and universities for Indian students to do MBBS abroad.
01: MBBS in Philipines
MBBS study in the Philippines is considered one of the best education systems in Asia. It is entirely in English at a cost-effective and high-quality medical education system for students.
This country has a 90% literacy rate, which proves that education is of primary concern. Besides, Filipinos are considered the most competent in the world to speak English.
The Philippines is famous for its highest level of education and educational institutions. The country is a significant exporter of English teachers, nurses, doctors and skilled workers abroad.
It offers Doctor of Medicine or MD, which is equivalent to MBBS in the Indian education system.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MBBS COURSE IN PHILIPPINES
|Eligibility||In class 12th PCB group, students should pass with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|NEET Exam||NEET Exam Passed Compulsory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||4 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||6 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5.5 years ( Includes Internship)|
|Medium of Instructions||English Language|
|Cost of Living||13000 / month to 16000 / month (approx. in INR)|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|Currency||Philippines Peso (PHP)|
Top MBBS Colleges in Philippines
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal
- Emilio Aguinaldo College-School of Medicine
- Southwestern University
- Lyceum Northwestern University
Also Read: Courses After 12th Biology
02: MBBS in Bangladesh
Indian students who want to study MBBS from Bangladesh can apply for direct admissions under the SAARC countries quota at very regular fees.
Students can also apply to study MBBS in Bangladesh if they do not want to go through the SAARC program.
Pursuing the MBBS course in Bangladesh would cost students approximately anything between 30 – 60 lakhs for the entire program.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MBBS COURSE IN
|Eligibility||12th PCB group, minimum of 50% marks.|
|NEET Exam||NEET exam pass is mandatory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||5 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||10 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|Cost of Living||15 to 20 thousand (in INR) per year|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO|
Also Read: Courses after 12th Arts
Top MBBS colleges
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Monno Medical College & Hospital
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- East-West Medical College
- Eastern Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Medical College for Women and Hospital
- Delta Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
03: MBBS in China
According to the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, only 45 universities in China are qualified to teach MBBS degrees in English and accept international students.
So, if Indian students want to do MBBS in English, then, in that case, they have to take admission in one of these educational institutions. Otherwise, they will have to do medical studies in the Chinese language.
The cost of medical studies in China is INR 3 lakh to INR 8 lakh annually. They are trendy among Indian and international students as they get quality education at a reasonable budget.
This is the reason that international students prefer to study medical from China.
|Eligibility||12th PCB with 50% marks|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||4 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||6 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5+1/Year (One year Internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Cost of Living||12000 to 15000/month (in INR)|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO accredited|
Top MBBS colleges in China
- Shantou University
- Southwest Medical University
- Zhengzhou University
- Nantong University
- Kunming Medical University
- Xiamen University
- China Three Gorges University
- North Sichuan Medical University
04: MBBS in Poland:
Poland is another best choice for Indian students to do MBBS abroad due to the high quality of education, low tuition fee structure and high growth rate.
There have many Medical Schools, some of the most prestigious medical schools worldwide. Nowadays, many students from India are opting for MBBS in Poland in India.
The degree from Poland Medical Universities is recognized globally, and students can appear for the MCI screening test. MBBS facilitates Indian students with top medical universities in Poland which are accredited by MCI.
|Eligibility||10+2 in PCB 75% marks|
|NEET Requirement||Yes, Compulsory|
|Minimum MBBS Fee||6 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum MBBS Fee||10 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Cost of Living||15000/Month|
|Recognition||MCI & WHO Approved|
Top MBBS colleges, fees and duration
- Poznan Medical University
- Medical University of Lublin
- University of Silesia
- University of Wroclaw
- Warsaw Medical Academy
- Medical University of Gdansk
05: MBBS in Nepal
Nepal is one of the favourite places for Indian students to study MBBS. Proximity and flexible immigration policies have made this country an essential centre among Indian students wishing to study MBBS abroad.
The entire program’s cost ranges from 35 to 45 lakhs, Nepal and India also share cultural similarities, and the climate makes it easier for Indian students to settle abroad.
Some of the top colleges in Nepal to pursue medical studies are listed below.
Top Medical Colleges in Nepal
- Kathmandu University (KU)
- College Of Medical Sciences (CMS Nepal)
- National Medical College
- Nepal Medical College
- Janaki Medical College
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
- Kathmandu Medical College
06: MBBS in Russia
The high quality of medical education, infrastructure and low tuition fees, is one of the primary reasons students want to pursue MBBS from Russia.
All Russian medical universities are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of India (MCI) and 12 of these universities teach MBBS in English.
The Russian government provides a subsidy for education and the MBBS fee in Russia is very low compared to other countries.
Due to their international affiliation, all students pursuing MBBS from Russia can practise globally, including India.
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University (Nizhgma)
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, Moscow
- Belgorod National Research University (BelSu)
- Bashkir State Medical University
- The Orenburg State Medical University
- Mordovia State University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Ryazan Medical University, Ryazan
07: MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe, and it is one of the most sought after study abroad for medical studies. The country is the hub of top government medical universities offering MBBS, MD and other medical/medical related degrees.
The top medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by leading organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Qualifications Bachelor’s medical degrees are recognized everywhere and are eligible to apply for medical positions in any corner of the world.
Candidates are not required to appear for any entrance examination to get admission in Medical Universities.
The average duration of the MBBS program in Ukraine is 5.8 years.
Top medical colleges in Ukraine
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lugansk State Medical University (LSMU)
- M. Gorky National Medical University (DMNU)
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- National Medical University
- Donetsk State Medical University
Keep in Mind: Candidates are reminded that they would be required to clear the MCI approved Foreign Medical Graduates Examination or FMGE practice in India.
It is established that studying abroad is cheaper than tuition fees in India. However, candidates should always go for MCI approved universities and avoid dodgy study institutions.