DU admission 2023 will start in the first week of July 2023. To get admission in Delhi University, candidates must go through the university-level admission procedures. Delhi Unversity (DU) offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs, and candidates must qualify the entrance exam.
The admission process for the UG courses will be based on the CUCET and board exam scores. But, for PG courses, candidates have to qualify entrance test, i.e. DUET, conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Also, eligible candidates will get admission in various professional courses like Law, Engineering, Management etc. We have shared complete information regarding DU Admission 2023, Eligibility, Application form, and Exam dates below for more details.
DU Exam Dates 2023
The important dates for Delhi University Admission 2023 are as follows:
For UG Courses:
|DU Events||Important dates|
|Online Application Submission ||April 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of Application ||May 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Fee||May 2023|
|Application Correction Window||May 2023|
|Admit Card Release ||June 2023|
|CUET Exam 2023||June 2023|
|Results Declaration||July 2023|
|Start of Admission||July 2023|
Also read: Delhi Nursery Admission 2023
For PG Courses:
|Registration Last date ||June 2023|
|Admit card ||June 2023|
|DUET PG Exam ||June 2023|
|Results ||July 2023|
|Allotment ||July 2023|
|Verification (Documents)||July 2023|
|Classes Start||September 2023|
Application fees for UG courses:
|Category||Application Fee||Outside India|
|General/ Un-Reserved||Rs 650/-||Rs 3000/-|
|General/ EWS. OBC-NCL||Rs 650/-||Rs 3000/-|
|For SC/ST Category||Rs 550/-||Rs 3000/-|
Application fees for PG courses:
|General/ OBC Category||Rs 750/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs 300/-|
DU 2023 Exam Pattern
DU Course-wise admission eligibility criteria are as follows:
For UG Courses
- Mode of Examination: The exam will only be conducted online (CBT).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Medium: The exam will be held in 13 languages.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions in the exam.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration for Slot I will be 3 hours 15 minutes, and for Slot II will be 3 hours 45 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: 5 marks for each correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For PG Courses:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted online.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium: The exam will be held in the English language.
- Total Number of Questions: There will be a total of 50/100 questions in the exam.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
DU 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Admission to B.Tech courses, except for Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation courses, will be based on JEE Main score. Therefore, the candidates must check their eligibility before filling out the DU Application Form 2023. The eligibility criteria will be as given below:
For UG Course:
There is a 50% quota for all departments under the University of Delhi. Admission for the remaining seats will be decided through entrance tests and personal interviews.
- Qualification: Students must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: There will be no minimum age limit to get admission in UG courses in the University and its colleges (except for professional classes). Similarly, the gap year will not be a barrier to accessing undergraduate courses.
|Courses (UG)||Percentage (in aggregate)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||50%|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Botany, Zoology, Microbiology||55%|
For B.Tech Courses:
|Qualification:||Candidates must have passed the 12th from any recognized board.|
|Marks:||Must have at least 60% marks in their qualifying examination.|
|Subjects:||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCME) |
as compulsory subjects in their qualifying examination.
For PG Courses:
- Qualification: Students must have UG or equivalent degree from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: There will be no minimum age limit to get admission in UG courses in the University and its colleges.
- Qualification: B.Tech/B.E and must have obtained at least 60% marks.
- Candidates must pass an Undergraduate degree, and appearing candidates can also apply.
- Candidates should possess B.Com / B.Com (Hons.) /B.A / B.A (Hons.) Economics / BBS / BBA.
- 3-5 years LLB Degree and 50% marks for General Category.
- UG degree and securing 50% marks.
DU 2023 Application Form
Following are the details regarding Delhi University 2023 Application Form:
DU Application Form will be available through the official website in April 2023. The application process for UG and PG courses in Delhi University is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on Apply Now option.
Step 2: Fill out the application form with your basic details, such as your name, address, mobile number, email ID, etc.
Step 3: Upload your photograph and signature in the prescribed format. Click on Submit.
Step 4: Pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, UPI or net banking.
Step 5: Finally, submit your application form. You will get a reference number, so take a printout for future references.
That’s all. Your DU application form will be submitted successfully.
Delhi University 2023 Courses offered
Below, we have shared the list of all undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Delhi University for 2023:
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. History
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Psychology
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
- M. Com
- B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education)
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Electronics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Zoology
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities & Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics
- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial)
- B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia & Mass Communication
- Journalism (Integrated 5-Year Programme)
- Bachelor in Physical Education (Health, Sports)
The DU application form will be released in April 2023.
For UG admission, you have to appear for the CUET exam and the admission process will be done through a CUET score. For PG admission in DU, you have to appear and qualify for the DUET exam.
No, you can not submit the DU application form offline.
No, the DU entrance exam will only be held online (CBT) mode.
The DU exam will start in June 2023.