FMGE 2023 application forms will be released for the primary medical candidates in April and October 2023. Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) is a national-level examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). The officials of NBE conduct this exam twice a year for medical candidates pursuing an MBBS degree abroad. So, candidates must have passed FMGE for medical practice in India. In this article, we will share complete details about FMGE 2023 Application Form, Registration, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus etc.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination allows the candidates to obtain provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India. So, candidates must apply for provisional or permanent registration with the MCI, as it is mandatory to practice in India.
But, it is not mandatory for candidates who have UG or PG medical degrees from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK and USA. They don’t need to qualify for the FMGE exam here.
FMGE 2023 – Highlights
Following are the complete details of FMGE 2023.
|Exam Name||FMGE 2023|
|FMGE Full-Form||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination|
|Organised By||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
| Exam Mode||Online|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|FMGE Exam Held||Twice in a Year|
|FMGE Session||June & December|
FMGE 2023 Exam Dates
The following are the exam dates for the FMGE 2023. Here we have shared session-wise tentative exam dates for FMGE 2023:
Foe June Session:
|Notification date||1st week of April 2023|
|Starting date of application||3rd week of April 2023|
|Closing date of application||1st week of May 2023|
|Application correction dates||3rd week of May 2023|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of June 2023|
|Exam date||3rd week of June 2023|
|Results||2nd week of July 2023|
For December Session:
|Notification date||1st week of October 2023|
|Starting date of application||3rd week of October 2023|
|Closing date of application||1st week of November 2023|
|Application correction dates||3rd week of November 2023|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of December 2023|
|Exam date||3rd week of December 2023|
|Results||1st week of January 2024|
FMGE 2023 Application Form
For the June session, the FMGE application form will be released in April 2023 and in October 2022 for the December session. To apply for the FMGE 2023, candidates must visit the official website of NBE. The application form submission process will be in online mode only.
Steps To Apply for FMGE 2023:
- Visit the official website and click on the link on the home page for registration.
- Complete the registration process with your personal details, like name, father’s name, gender, mobile number, email id etc. Click on the submit option.
- Fill out the application form correctly and click on the submit option.
- Upload the required documents in the prescribed format mentioned on the page.
- Pay the Application Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking, and click on the submit option.
- On submitting the application form, a successful message will appear. Take a printout for future reference.
Documents Required for FMGE Application:
Here is the list of all documents to be submitted after filling out the application form for FMGE 2023:
- MBBS Pass Certified
- Passport of Applicants
- Date of Birth (10th class certificate)
- 12th pass certificate
- Internship certificate, if done from abroad
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Two recent photographs
- Address Proof (voter id/pan card/passport)
- Eligibility Certificate Issued by National Medical Council
FMGE 2023 Application Form Correction:
Successfully registered candidates will get a correction window of the application form. During the edit window, candidates can modify the photograph images, signature and left-hand thumb impression. After closing the final editing window of FMGE 2023, the applicant will not change the FMGE application form.
The following details cannot be changed in the FMGE application form. Here it is –
- Birth Date
- Mobile Number
- Exam Centre
FMGE Application Fee:
The Applicable test fee will be displayed on the payment gateway page. The candidate needs to select the mode of payment, i.e. Net Banking / Debir Card/Credit Card, etc. Exam centre selection is dynamic and will be confirmed only after successful payment. So, the application fee should be paid through the official website by selecting the above payment mode. The application fee varies depending on the category.
|General/OCI Candidates||Rs 7080/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online Through Debit/Credit card or Net Banking|
FMGE 2023 Admit Card
FMGE 2023 admit card will be available for the June and December session after closing the application forms. The FMGE Admit Card 2023 will be released online mode at www.nbe.edu.in. Candidates can download it by entering their user id and password after clicking on the link on the home page.
Admit card is essential as it contains necessary information about the candidates. To appear in the FMGE exam, candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre. Candidates without an ‘admit card’ will not be allowed in the examination hall.
FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria for FMGE 2023; otherwise, they will be rejected when submitting the application form. Here complete details about FMGE Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below.
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India to appear for the FMGE 2023.
- Qualification: A qualified primary medical qualification candidate approved by the Embassy of India will be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination will have to submit the proof of result declaration on or before the specified cut-off date.
Other Qualification: Candidates with permanent registration in India with UG or PG medical degrees from Australia/Canada/New Zealand/UK/USA will not be required to qualify for the exam.
FMGE 2023 Exam Pattern
The following are the details of the FMGE exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: FMGE 2023 Exam will be conducted online mode.
- Shifts: The examination will be conducted in two shifts and completed in a day.
- Total Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 300 questions.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 150 minutes for each shift.
- Language: The medium of the examination will be the English language.
- Question Type: The question will be multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question in the examination.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marks in the examination.
FMGE Marks Distribution:
The FMGE Screening Test Marks Distribution is as follows:
|Obstetrics and Gynecologist||30|
FMGE 2023 Syllabus
The FMGE syllabus will cover various topics of the subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by the Medical Council of India.
- Anatomy: General Anatomy, Element of anatomy, Human Genetics, Sectional Anatomy, Surface Anatomy, Embryology.
- Physiology: Respiratory system, Body fluid, Kidney, General Physiology, Endocrine Glance, Skin, and Body Temperature.
- Biochemistry: Amino Acid, Carbohydrates, Lipids, Minerals, Nuclear Acid, Vitamins, Isotopes & Their Applications.
- Microbiology: Bacteriology, Clinical/ applied microbiology, Systematic Virology, Parasitology, Immunology, General Microbiology.
- Pathology: Diseases of the breast, Infectious Diseases, Genetics disorder, Respiratory Pathology, Neuropathology.
- Forensic Medicine: Courts of India, Death, Dowry death, Definitions, Forensic Psychiatry, Courts Procedures, Changes After Death.
- Radio Diagnosis: Respiratory System, Skeletal system, Central nervous System, Obstetrics & Gynecologist.
- Medicine: Emergency Medicine, Infections, Respiratory Systems, Common Symptoms of Diseases, Cardiovascular System.
- Paediatrics: Endocrinology, Genetics, Nephrology, Neonatology, Nutrition, Growth & Development.
The complete syllabus for the FMGE 2023 will be available through the official notification:
FMGE Qualifying marks
To qualify for the FMGE Screening Test, candidates need to score at least 150 out of 300 marks.
FMGE 2023 Results
The result for the FMGE will be available online after completing the examination. The officials will declare it; candidates can check their results by entering their login details.
Candidates who qualify for the FMGE 2023 Examination will register for provisional registration with the Medical Council of India. Candidates must apply for provisional or permanent registration, as it is mandatory for permission to practice in India. FMGE cut-off marks qualified candidates will be eligible for a one-year internship. After completing the internship, candidates will be able to register under MCI.
A: No, one cannot submit the application form offline. The online mode is only acceptable.
A: There will be 150 multiple-choice questions.
A: The question papers will be in English.
A: The NBE officials will provide the correction facility on the specified dates. Applicants can not edit their Name, Email ID, Nationality, or Test Centre.
A: No, there will not be any negative markings in the examination.
A; Yes, each question carries 1 mark.