Time has changed, you don’t need to go to the electricity board office to pay the electricity bill. You need to enter your customer ID or Service number which you can find through your previous electricity bill receipt. So, if you want to know how to pay electricity bills online, then this article will help you.
There are different electricity service providers in all the states, and their customer ID/account ID or service number will be different. So, check your ID number once before paying the bills.
You can check your electricity bill online and also pay the bill as well. However, the advent of technology has made it easier for you to accomplish such essential tasks by sitting at home; Be it paying your electricity bills or other bills.
What is Customer ID in Electricity Bill?
A customer ID is a unique number allotted to the consumer by the Electricity Board when getting a new electricity connection. Provides various electricity boards in different formats to allot customer IDs to their customers.
Generally, they use the common terms to refer to the Customer Id in the following format – Customer ID Number, Account ID Number, Unique Service Number etc. So, if you have an old electricity bill, you can find your customer ID easily.
The following details are required to check electricity bills online:
- Keep your customer id or account number or service number ready, which will be provided to you by the Electricity Board when you get the connection.
- Remember the name of your electricity board in your area.
- Your phone number must be registered.
- Your email ID (optional).
How to Pay Electricity Bills Online?
There are several ways where you can check and pay your electricity bills online. These are very popular nowadays, and easy to use through Phonepe, Google Pay, Paytm and others. Besides, you can also pay the electricity bill online on the official website of the electricity board.
You will find different electricity boards – such as APSPDCL, TSSPDCL, BESCOM, BSES, CESC, DDED, EPDCL, JUSCO, NPCL, TNEB and more, and the online bill payment process will be different. The steps required to pay the electricity bills online are as follows.
So first of all go to the official website of the Electricity Board where you have an electricity connection.
- You have to select the electricity board and click on the ‘Register here’ link for registration.
- But, on some electricity boards, you don’t need to register. You will find the Bill Payment option on the home page and you can pay bills by entering your customer ID.
- Click on the bill payment option, which appears on the home page.
- You will find several payment methods on the next page. It may be Bill Desk, UPI apps, Net Banking, etc.
- Click on one of the payment methods that you prefer. Enter your Unique Service Number, Mobile number or Mail ID and click on the ‘Make Payment‘ option.
- Enter the OTP on the next page, and click on Submit.
The option may change according to the electricity board and you will have to enter according to their format. But this online method of paying your electricity bill can be more complicated than the electricity bill available on PhonePe, Google Pay and Paytm.
Other Ways to Pay Electricity Bills Online
Here below, we have shared the easiest way to pay electricity bills online. You don’t need to login or visit the official website. Open your third party mobile application – like PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, etc.
1: Open the PhonePe app.
2: Tap on the electricity option, that appears on the home screen.
3: On the next screen, select your electricity board and enter your valid ‘Unique Service Number‘. Tap on the ‘Confirm‘ option.
4: You will find your electricity bill amounts, bill dates, address and other details.
5: Tap on the ‘Proceed to Pay‘ option. Next, enter your UPI PIN. That’s all.
A: It is a very easy process, you have to go to the official website and enter your service number and mobile number. Next, enter OTP and click on Confirm.
A: A mobile application is the easiest way to pay electricity bills in a few steps.
A: Yes, you can check the electricity bill online by entering your service or customer ID number.