JEST Application Form 2022 has been released and can be filled by 18th January 2022. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted every year for admission to PhD/ Integrated PhD program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology. Today in this article, we will share about the JEST 2022 application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern etc.
It is a national level entrance test recognized by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). So, JEST qualifying candidates get admission in various top institutes like Bose Institute, NISER, IISc, IIST, IISER etc.
Candidates have to fill out the application form through online mode only, no offline mode is accepted. The application fee has to be paid during the submission process of the application form.
JEST 2022 Application Form
JEST 2022 application form has been released and the last date for submission of the application form is declared. So willing candidates can apply through the official website of JEST till 18 January 2022. To apply online for JEST-2022, applicants must create an account using a valid email id.
The given email-id will be linked to the account as well as the application and will be used for all communication with the applicants.
To submit the online application, applicants need to log in to the account created and complete the application form. After submission, a unique submission number will be sent to your email-id.
JEST 2022 Application Form Submission Process
The steps to submit the online application form for JEST 2022 are as follows.
Register yourself before submitting the application form online. So, to register, click on the “Create New Account” link on the JEST Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email id. Follow the instructions given in the email to reset your password and further login.
Step 1: Log in to the JEST homepage with your username and password. Fill out the application form and save it.
Step 2: Press the “Submit Application” button only when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
Step 3: Upload the JPG file of your passport size photograph and scanned signature.
Step 4: Pay the application fee online using a Debit card, Credit card or SBI Net Banking.
Step 5: After the online submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission process will be completed.
The Application Fee will be Rs.800 for general categories and Rs.400 for SC/ST Male and Non-SC/ST Female applicants.
JEST 2022 Important Dates
The notification details and important dates of JEST 2022 are given which are as follows.
|Events||Important Dates |
|Starting Date for Submission of Application||15 December 2021|
|Closing Date for Submission of Application||18 January 2022|
|Last Date To Pay Application Fee||18 January 2022|
|JEST Exam Date ||13 March 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||Admit card will be available after the 31st of January 2022|
|Answer Key Release Date||To be Updated |
|Result Declaration Date ||To be Updated |
|Interview||To be Updated |
|Admission Process||To be Updated |
JEST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- PhD. Program (Physics): For PhD in Physics must have an MSc degree in Physics from any recognized institute. Also, allow M.Tech/ B.Tech./ MSc/ M.E in Physics and Mathematics from a recognized University.
- PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC: Degree in B.Tech./ MCA/ B.E. OR MSc in Physics and Mathematics from any recognized Institute.
- Integrated PhD programs in theoretical computer science: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./MCA in Computer Science or equivalent from any recognized university.
- PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: Candidates must have a degree in M.Tech/ M.E./MCA/M/Sc with Computer Science and Mathematics from any recognized institute.
|Click here for more details about JEST eligibility criteria|
JEST 2022 Exam Dates
JEST 2022 exam is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 13 March 2022. The online registration and application portal are open. So, interested candidates can submit the online application form and the last date to submission of the application form and application fee is 18 January 2022.
JEST 2022 Exam Pattern
Before submitting the application form, candidates must know the exam pattern. So, here we have shared all the information regarding the JEST 2022 Exam Pattern which is as follows.
|JEST Exam Date||13 March 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (pen & paper-based)|
|JEST Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||50|
Part: The question papers will be in three parts, Part A, Part B and Part C, and a maximum of 50 questions will be asked in the entrance exam. The part wise question paper marks, and marking scheme will vary which are as follows.
|Parts||No of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|A||15||3||45||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
|C||25||1||25||0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
|Total||50 questions||–||100 marks||–|
JEST 2022 Syllabus
JEST 2022 syllabus will be available on the official website of JEST. Candidates can check the Syllabus in the below-mentioned link directly on the official website.
- Mathematical Methods: Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms; Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis.
- Classical Mechanics: Newton’s laws, conservation of energy and momentum, collisions; generalized coordinates, the principle of least action, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations of mechanics; Symmetry and conservation laws; central force problem.
- Electromagnetism & Optics: Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion; Fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media; Faraday’s law and time-varying fields; displacement current; Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields.
- Quantum Mechanics: Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom; Orbital and spin angular momenta, the addition of angular momenta; Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators.
- Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics: Laws of thermodynamics, work and heat, thermodynamic potentials; Elements of kinetic theory; Maxwell’s relations; Statistical ensembles; partition function; classical ideal gas, harmonic oscillators.
- Electronics: Basics of semiconductors; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors; LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators; basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics.
|Click here for more details about the JEST 2022 syllabus|
Admit Card will be released through the official website after the 31st of January 2022. It is also called a hall ticket, which is required for the examination centre, and other important details are also mentioned in the admit card.
A password and username will be required to download the admit card. So, download it and carry it along with other identity proof to the exam centre.
A: The last for the submission of the application form is 18 January 2022.
A: The JEST 2022 exam will start on 13th March 2022.
A: There will be only 50 questions for the candidates in the exam.
A: The duration will be three hours.
A: The Application Fee will be Rs.800 for general categories and Rs.400 for SC/ST Male and Non-SC/ST Female applicants.
Official website: Click here