JEST 2023 Application Form will be released by 18th January 2023. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted every year for admission to the PhD / Integrated PhD program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Computational Biology or Neuroscience. Today through this article, we have explained in detail about JEST 2023 Application Form, Exam, Pattern, Eligibility, Syllabus etc.
It is a national level entrance test for the candidates and is organized by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). So, JEST qualifying candidates get admission in various top institutes like Bose Institute, NISER, IISc, IIST, IISER etc.
The JEST application form for 2023 will be released through the official website, and applicants can apply for the exam only when the official notification is released.
JEST 2023 – Highlights
Following are the complete details of JEST 2023.
|Events 2023||Dates (tentative)|
|Starting date for Submission of Application||15 December 2022|
|Closing date for Submission of Application||18 January 2023|
|Exam Date ||March 2023|
|Exam Type||PG Level|
|Conducting Body||Science & Engineering Research Board |
|Admit card||To be Updated|
|Answer Key ||To be Updated|
|Result||To be Updated|
|Interview||To be Updated|
|Admission Process||To be Updated|
JEST 2023 Exam Date
The following are the details for the JEST 2023 exam dates. Here we have shared tentative exam dates for JEST 2023:
|Admit Card Availablity||January 2023|
|Exam Date||March 2023|
JEST 2023 Application Form
The JEST application form will be released in December 2022. To apply for the JEST 2023, candidates must visit the official website www.jest.org.in. The application form submission process will be in online mode only. Candidates have to fill out the application form through online mode only, no offline mode is accepted.
The application fee has to be paid during the submission process of the application form. To apply online for JEST-2023, applicants must create an account using a valid email id. The given email-id will be linked to the account as well as the application and will be used for all communication with the applicants.
To submit the online application, applicants need to log in to the account created and complete the application form. After submission, a unique submission number will be sent to your email-id.
Steps To Apply for JEST 2023:
The steps to submit the online application form for JEST 2023 are as follows.
Register yourself before submitting the application form online. So, to register, click on the “Create New Account” link on the JEST homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and for further login.
- Log in to the JEST homepage with your username and password. Fill out the application form and save it.
- Press the “Submit Application” button only when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload the JPG file of your passport size photograph and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using a Debit card, Credit card or SBI Net Banking.
- After the online submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission process will be completed
JEST 2023 Application Form Correction:
JEST Application Fee:
The application fee must be paid through the official website of JEST. Applicants can pay the application fee through debit card, credit card or net banking.
|General ||Rs 800/-|
|Non-SC/ST Female||Rs 400/-|
JEST 2023 Admit Card
JEST Admit Card will be available on the JEST webpage on Feb 2023. Carry a printout of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo-id for entering the examination centre. Admit cards will not be sent by post/email.
Admit card is essential as it contains necessary information about the candidates. To appear in the JEST exam, candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre. Candidates without an ‘admit card’ will not be allowed in the examination hall.
JEST Eligibility Criteria 2023
It is best to check the official advertisements of the participating institutes for eligibility criteria in detail. Listed below are tentative eligibility criteria for admission to M.Sc, PhD, and Integrated / M.Sc / M.Tech. – PhD programs in the participating institutes.
PhD Program in Physics:
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be considered at IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys. will be considered at TIFR and NCRA-TIFR.
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
- M.Sc. in Astronomy/Optics/Photonics/Biophysics also will be considered at RRI.
- MSc. in Physics, Chemistry and Bio Physics will be considered at SNBNCBS.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc:
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC:
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science.
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc:
- M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech/ MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and a strong interest in biological problems.
Check here for more information
JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
The following are the details of the JEST exam pattern:
|Parts||Total Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Marks|
- Exam Mode: FMGE 2023 Exam will be conducted offline mode.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be a multiple-choice question paper (MCQ).
- Total Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 50 questions.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Language: The medium of the examination will be the English language.
JEST Question Distribution:
JEST Exam Pattern Marking system is divided into three parts, Part A, Part B and Part C.
|Parts||Total Questions||Marking Scheme|
|Part A||15||3 marks for each correct answer|
and for wrong answers,
1 mark will be deducted.
|Part B||10||3 marks for each correct answer|
and no negative marks
|Part C||25||1 mark for each correct answer|
and for wrong answers,
1/3 mark will be deducted.
JEST 2023 Syllabus
The JEST syllabus will cover various topics of the subject which are decided by the conducting body. The details for the JEST syllabus are given below.
Electromagnetism & Optics:
- Electrostatics and Magnetostatics
- Multipole Expansion
- Boundary Value Problems
- Diamagnetic and Paramagnetic Media
- Fields in Conducting
- Maxwell’s Equations
- Faraday’s Law and Time-Varying Fields
- Displacement Current
- Propagation of Plane Electromagnetic Waves
- Energy and Momentum of Electromagnetic Fields
- Electromagnetic Waves in Dispersive And Conducting Media
- Reflection, Refraction
- Curvilinear Coordinate Systems
- Vector Algebra and Vector Calculus
- Linear Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Fourier Series And Fourier Transforms
- Elements of Sturm–Liouville Theory
- Special Functions
- Complex Analysis
- Elements of Probability Theory
- Laplace Transforms
- Error Analysis
- Elementary Properties of Discrete Groups
- Schrodinger Equation
- Uncertainty Principle
- Orbital and Spin Angular Momenta
- Central Potentials
- Hydrogen Atom
- Matrix Formulation of Quantum Theory
- Addition of Angular Momenta
- Hermitian Operators
- Variational Principle
- Unitary Transformations
- Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory
- Time Independent Perturbation Theory
- P-N Junctions
- LCR Circuits
- Basics of Semiconductor
- Active Filters and Oscillators
- Basics of Digital Electronics
- Basics of OPAMPS and their Applications
Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics:
- Thermodynamic Potentials
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Work and Heat
- Statistical Ensembles
- Elements of Kinetic Theory
- Maxwell’s Relations
- Black Body Radiation
- Harmonic Oscillators
- Partition Function
- Classical Ideal Gas
- Statistics of Paramagnetism
- Classical and Quantum Statistics
- Fermi and Bose gases
- Newton’s Laws
- Conservation Of Energy and Momentum
- Principle of Least Action
- Generalized Coordinates
- Central Force Problem
- Symmetry and Conservation Laws
- Kepler Problem
- Special Relativity in Classical Mechanics
- Small Oscillations and Normal Modes
- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Formulations of Mechanics
JEST 2023 Result
The result of the JEST will be available online after completing the examination. It will be declared by the officials, and candidates can check their results by entering their login details.
- Visit the official website.
- Login with your username and password. The result link will appear here.
- Click on the result link. Enter your roll number, and date of birth and click on Submit.
- Now you can check your result and download it.
A: The JEST application form will be released in December 2022.
A: The JEST full form is Joint Entrance Screening Test.
A: 3 hours.
A: There will be 50 questions in the JEST examination.