NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has announced the opportunity of the NITI Aayog Internship Scheme for eligible candidates as per the guidelines. Here the candidates will be given experience in various work areas/divisions/units of NITI Aayog.
Under this Internship scheme, undergraduate/postgraduate students from a recognized university/institute in India or abroad can enrol as “interns”.
Candidates are expected to clear the analysis process through the collation and collection of in-house and other information within NITI Aayog.
NITI Aayog Internship is a government scheme run by the Government of India, and you can take advantage of it. In this blog post, we will cover all the details regarding NITI Aayog Internship below.
NITI Aayog Internship Scheme Overview
For you, knowing about the functioning of the Government of India can be an add-on to pursue your future interests.
|Name of the Scheme||The NITI Internship Scheme|
|Notification Date||Throughout the year based|
|Purpose||To allow short-term exposure of selected candidates|
Various Verticals/Divisions/Units of NITI Aayog,
Government of India as ‘Interns’.
|Objectives of the Scheme||To know about the government’s functioning and |
development policy issues in the Government of India.
|Application Mode||Online only|
What is NITI Aayog Internship?
NITI Aayog Internship is a scheme offered by NITI Aayog for the following candidates. Only undergraduate, postgraduate or research scholar students can apply.
NITI Aayog invites you as an intern to participate in various verticals/divisions/units in the list of those domain areas of NITI Aayog with short-term performance.
Domains for Internship:
- Data Management and Analysis
- Energy Sector
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Foreign Trade / Commerce
- Health / Nutrition
- Women & Child Development
- The industry
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management
- Public Finances/Budget
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization / smart city
- Water Resources
- Sports and Youth development
- Public-Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
NITI Aayog- Eligibility Criteria
You have to apply through the official website of NITI Aayog. Internship applications will be accepted online from the 1st to10th of every month. You will be eligible to apply for the internship only if you fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned in the section below.
- Undergraduate students, having completed/appeared in the term-end of the second-year, 4th semester of the bachelor degree course, and not less than 85% marks in the 12th class.
- After passing graduation, appear in the full-ended examination of the first year / second semester of their post-graduation, or appear in the term-end examination of the first-second / second semester of their postgraduate program or coursework or PhD, and score not less than 70% marks.
- The students who have completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission to higher studies may also be considered for an internship. However, they need 70% or more combined marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of the result of the final examination and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months, e.g., if the result is declared in June, he/she can apply for the internship beginning till December.
So, the above-mentioned candidates will be eligible to apply for NITI Aayog Internship Scheme. Apart from this, the applicant must have his own laptop. NITI Aayog will provide working space, internet facilities and other requirements as deemed fit by the concerned heads.
How to Apply for NITI Aayog Internship?
You have to apply through the official website of NITI Aayog. You must check the details before submitting the application. There will be no edit option to correct the application form.
The online application link will be open throughout the year, and you can apply online on the official website of NITI Aayog from 1 to 10 of every month. Following are the details to apply for NITI Aayog Internship.
Step 1: Visit the official website of NITI Aayog.
Step 2: On the home page, you will get the option of ‘Appy here’. Click on ‘Apply here’ and the ‘Apply Online option will appear on the menu bar.
Step 3: Select the ‘Apply Online option to fill out the NITI Aayog Internship Application form.
Step 4: Fill out the application form by entering personal details like name, father’s name address, contact number, email id, area of interest, exam passed, board name, year of completion etc.
Step 5: After filling out the application form completely, click on the ‘Preview’ option. If everything is correct in the application form then click on final submit. That’s all, the online application form submission process will be complete.
Note: The process of applying has to be completed from 2 months to 6 months in advance. Otherwise, it will be rejected. You must also clearly indicate the domain/region of interest.
The original mark sheet and no objection certificate from the college/institute should be obtained at the time of selection to avoid the cancellation of the candidature.
NITI Aayog Internship period, not less than six weeks and not more than six months. But, you can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
NITI Aayog Internship Guidelines
The scheme seeks to engage undergraduate/ graduate/ post-graduate degree or research scholars enrolled in recognized universities/ institutions in India or abroad as Interns.
The internship will be on an unpaid basis.
Yes, you will get an experience certificate after completing the internship from the advisor of the concerned subject division.
NITI Aayog Internship period, not less than six weeks and not more than six months.