PCS stands for ‘Provence Civil Service‘ and is one of the most prestigious administrative jobs at the state level in India. Candidates must qualify the ‘State Civil Service Examination‘ to get the PCS jobs. The State Civil Services Examination is conducted by the State Public Service Commission. There are various posts in PCS in sub-division, division, district and state-level government departments.
PCS officers work at the block level after completing their training period. They mainly work in revenue administration and law and order supervision under the State Government. Besides, they have also responsible for implementing various government schemes.
The officers of the Provence Civil Service are paid a good salary by the state government. Their pay scale is determined based on the state in which they are working. So, the salary of a pcs officer can vary in each state. We have shared the list of various State PCS posts with salaries below.
List of All Types of Posts in PCS
The list of all the various posts in the state PCS is usually divided into groups i.e. A, B, C and D. Group A is considered to be the most coveted post in the list given below.
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Magistrate
- Block Development Officer
- Revenue Service Officer
- Labour Service Officer
- Co-operative Service Officer
- Employment Service Officer
- Food and Supplies Service Officer
- Deputy Superintend of Police
- Assistant Superintend of Police
- Inspector-General of Police
- Police Inspector
- Sub Divisional Police Officer
- Senior Superintendent of Police
- Jail Superintendent
- Forest Officer
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Junior Social Welfare Service Officer
- Correctional Home Service Officer
- Land Revenue Service Officer
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Deputy Assistant Director
- Commercial Tax Officer
- District Cane Officer (U.P.)
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer
- Rehabilitation officer
- Assistant Employment Officer
- District Social Welfare Officer
The names of the above state PCS posts may differ due to their state’s regional objectives and cultural differences.
State-Wise PCS Salary
The salary of a PCS officer varies from state to state. For example, PCS officers in UP have a lower pay scale as compared to other states. However, PCS officers enjoy similar facilities in all Indian states. The PayScale of all the states is generally classified into two parts, Junior and Senior. The expected monthly salary for Recruiting Officers (Junior) is given below.
|PCS Posts||Position||Expected Salary (monthly)|
|Group A, B, C & D||Junior||Rs 55000/- Rs 75000/- + other allowances|
|Group A, B, C & D||Senior||Rs 75000/- Rs 135000/- + other allowances|
The minimum qualification is to Graduate in any branch.
You can try up to 5 times.
The minimum age limit for the PSC examination is 18 to 35 years.
The minimum passing mark is 40%.
The maximum mark in the PSC examination is 300.