A career as a travel agent can be a good option for those looking to interact with travellers. Also, it can be a good option for those who are able to manage travel costs and itineraries well. They are also responsible for hotel rental, flight booking, car booking and offering various tourist destinations. Today in this article, we will describe in detail ‘ Career as a Travel Agent, Courses, Salary, Business and Job Profile‘.
Candidates must have good communication skills and one who can organize itineraries and calculate travel costs etc.; they can be ideal candidates for a travel agent in the tourism industry. Besides, a candidate who is willing to start their career as a travel agent can also continue independently.
Starting a career as a travel agent does not require high qualifications; You can enter this industry by doing these courses; the course details are given below. Of course, no one thinks of being a travel agent. But when you get complete information about the job profile, then your interest will start increasing.
Career as a Travel Agent
To start a career as a travel agent, candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria. The minimum qualification required for a travel agent is a 12th pass or a bachelor degree in the relevant field. Besides, specific skills are required to start a career which is as follows.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Technical skill
- Friendly behavior
- Decision making
- Responsible personality
- Good knowledge about tourist places
- Honesty in presentation
- Working knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
In addition, to become a travel agent, one has to complete a particular course to get a job in the tourism industry. So, candidates have to complete their 12th class or a graduation degree in a recognized institute.
Courses to become a Travel Agent
These are the popular courses and institutes to get a successful travel agent job in the tourism industry. For admission in the ‘Diploma in Travel and Tourism’ 12th class pass and a degree in ‘Travel and Tourism Management,’ one must have passed Graduation in any discipline. Also, they can start their own travel agency business independently in future.
Travel Agent Salary
The average basic salary of a travel agent in India can be 3-4 lakhs per year. But, of course, salary can vary depending on the structure of a company. But, there are many other sources of income if they start a travel agent business independently. These are mentioned below.
Other Sources of Income for Travel Agent
- Travel agencies have an agreement with the transport companies, i.e. the services of the transport companies are sold by the travel agent, they get some percentage of it.
- When a person comes from the country or abroad to travel, they are accommodated in a hotel. There is a travel agent agreement with the hotel, and some of this commission is received by the travel agent.
- In some countries, tickets are sold by the travel agent for entertainment with the travel plan, so some of that percentage goes to the travel agent.
- Besides, travel agents also get money to help customers, such as helping to get a visa, giving the correct information for a travel plan, etc. So all this together would have been the income of the travel agent.
Also read: Make your free time valuable on the internet
Travel Agency Companies that offer Franchises
- The Bird Group
- Yatra Online
- ATPI India Ltd.
- Cozmo Travel
Often travellers travel from one country to another globally, and the agencies get money on fulfilling one’s need; the same money is called income.
Huge players are sitting in the market, such as airlines, transport companies, cruise, shipping companies, and hotels. But, another player is seated behind them, who is called travel agencies.
Their job is to make a travel plan to travel from one country to another or tourist places inside the country; tickets have to be booked. In return, they get a commission which comes as income.
Travel Agent Business
These are required to open a travel agent business in India.
- At least 12’x14′ office
- Internet connection
- Visiting card
- Shop Board
Job Profile of a Travel Agent
Travel agents have specific essential duties for travellers. They work as a Travel Agent officer, Travel Executive, Travel Planner etc. The responsibilities of a travel agent are as follows.
- The travel agent’s job is to organize the travel plan of the traveller.
- According to the passengers, the travel plan has to be set to stay, eat, time limit, and all other facilities have to be arranged.
- Passengers have to help get a visa, giving correct information about the journey so that customers do not face any trouble.
- A travel agent has to provide correct information about different types of travel insurance.
Travel Agent Business Registration Process
To start a travel agency, you must obtain the necessary license. The Travel Agency license is as follows.
- Name Registration: Whether by name or in partnership. For this, the Companies Act has to be followed.
- GST: You have to get GST registration; you can only charge GST while deducting customers tickets.
- Shop Registration: You can get the shop registration option on the official website.
Official website: Click here
Besides, all these documents are required.
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bnak account
- Business Registration Proof
- Address Proof
- Digital Signature
4. Ministry of Travel & Tourism: Travel agent gets a certificate from the ministry of tourism government of India; One can frame this certificate on the wall. It is for five years, and it continues to receive incentives and concessions from the government.
Summary: A career as a Travel Agent is an excellent opportunity for the candidates, and they can work as a travel agent officer or executive officer in various tourism industries. But, if they do not want to do the job, they can start their own travel agency business, which is mentioned in the above paragraph.