We often find different types of flowers in different parts of India as well as in other countries. But, we know the names of some of those flowers and do not know some. Flower names can vary by region and language in the country.
In most languages, the names of flowers vary depending on the language. Earlier, we shared an article on the names of flowers in the Bengali language.
We’ll include the most familiar flowers name in Telugu for learners. So, if you want to know the flowers name in Telugu as well as in English, check below:
Names of flowers in Telugu
Flowers have great significance in Telugu culture and religious practices:
|Picture||Telugu name||English name||Scientific Name|
|అరేబియా జాస్మిన్ (Arabian Jasmine)||Arabian Jasmine||Jasminum sambac|
|ఒలీండర్ (Oleander)||Oleander||Nerium oleander|
|చంద్రకాంత పుష్పం (Chandrakanth Pushmam)||4 o’clock flower||Mirabilis jalapa|
|పారిజాత పువ్వు (Parijata Puvvu)||Night-flowering jasmine||Nyctanthes arbor-tristis|
|కలువ పువ్వు (Kaluva puvvu)||Water Lily||Nymphaeaceae|
|గులాబీ పువ్వు (Gulabi Puvvu)||Rose||Rosa|
|పొద్దు తిరుగుడు పువ్వు (Poddu tiruguḍu puvvu)||Sun Flower||Helianthus|
|కాగితం పువ్వు (Kaagitam Puvvu)||Paper Flower||Bougainvillea|
|సీతాకోకచిలుక బఠానీ పువ్వు (Setakokachilluka bhatni Puvvu)||Butterfly pea||Clitoria ternatea|
|మల్లె పువ్వు (Malle Puvvu)||Jasmine||Jasminum|
|బంతి పువ్వు (Banti Puvvu)||Marigold||Tagetes|
|తామర పువ్వు (Tamara Puvvu)||Lotus||Nelumbo nucifera|
|మందార పువ్వు (Madaram Puvvu)||Hibiscus||Hibiscus rosa-sinensis|
|బాస్టర్డ్ టేకు పువ్వు (Basteard teak Puvvu)||Bastard Teak||Butea monosperma|
|పట్టు పత్తి పువ్వు (Pattupatti Puvvu)||Silk cotton flower||Bombax ceiba|
|ఉమ్మెత్త ( Ummeta)||Datura||Datura stramonium|
|మల్లెపువ్వు (Malle Puvvu)||Common Jasmine||Jasminum|
|నూరు వరహాలు (Nuruvarhalu)||Ixora||Ixora coccinea|
|భారతీయ తులిప్ (Bharatiya Tulip)||Indian Tulip||Thespesia populnea|
|నీటి కలువ (Niti Kaluva)||Blue Water Lily||Nymphaea nouchali|
|జడ బంతి (Jada Banti)||Cockscomb||Celosia|
Why should we know the name of the flower?
There can be many reasons to know the names of flowers in Telugu and other languages:
- Cultural significance: Many flowers have cultural significance in our society and knowing their names can help people understand the cultural context of the flower.
- Photography: Flower names in Telugu can help photographers to identify and label their photos.
- Gardening and Horticulture: It also helps to identify and properly care for plants in a garden.
- Communication: Knowing the name of a flower can help in communication between people in the professions of horticulture, floristry and botany.
- Nature Study: It can help in the study of botany and identify different plant species in the forest.
- Scientific research: In scientific research, the accurate identification and nomenclature of plants are important for understanding their ecology, evolutionary history, and relationships with other species.
- Personal interest: Some people may be interested in flower names in Telugu or any language for personal reasons.
- Poetry and Literature: It helps to appreciate and understand references to flowers in poetry and literature.
- Identification: Identifying a flower’s name can help people understand its characteristics and how it grows.
Therefore, knowing the names of flowers in Telugu as well as other languages is essential for communication, culture, research and other purposes. It also helps to identify and name different flowers which makes it easier to understand their beauty and importance.