We often get to see different types of flowers in different parts of India as well as in other countries. But, we know the names of some of those flowers and do not know some.
Flower names can vary by region and language in the country. So, in this blog post, we will share flower names including images in Telugu as well as in English.
In most languages, the names of flowers vary depending on the language. Earlier, we shared an article on the names of flowers in the Bengali language.
We’ll include the most familiar flower names in Telugu for learners. So, if you want to know the flower name in Telugu as well as in English, check below:
Flower Names in Telugu
Telangana is the southern part of India and Telugu is the fourth spoken regional language in India. Not only spoken in Telangana but it is also spoken in Andhra Pradesh as well as other parts of India.
In Telangana State, flowers have great importance in cultural and religious practices. If you do not know the names of any flowers then you can know the names of the flowers given below.
|అరేబియా జాస్మిన్ (Arabian Jasmine)
|చంద్రకాంత పుష్పం (Chandrakanth Pushmam)
|4 o’clock flower
|పారిజాత పువ్వు (Parijata Puvvu)
|కలువ పువ్వు (Kaluva puvvu)
|గులాబీ పువ్వు (Gulabi Puvvu)
|పొద్దు తిరుగుడు పువ్వు (Poddu tiruguḍu puvvu)
|కాగితం పువ్వు (Kaagitam Puvvu)
|సీతాకోకచిలుక బఠానీ పువ్వు (Setakokachilluka bhatni Puvvu)
|మల్లె పువ్వు (Malle Puvvu)
|బంతి పువ్వు (Banti Puvvu)
|తామర పువ్వు (Tamara Puvvu)
|మందార పువ్వు (Madaram Puvvu)
|బాస్టర్డ్ టేకు పువ్వు (Basteard teak Puvvu)
|పట్టు పత్తి పువ్వు (Pattupatti Puvvu)
|Silk cotton flower
|ఉమ్మెత్త ( Ummeta)
|మల్లెపువ్వు (Malle Puvvu)
|నూరు వరహాలు (Nuruvarhalu)
|భారతీయ తులిప్ (Bharatiya Tulip)
|నీటి కలువ (Niti Kaluva)
|Blue Water Lily
|జడ బంతి (Jada Banti)
Why should we know the name of the flower?
There can be many reasons to know the flower names in Telugu as well as in other languages:
- Cultural Significance: Many flowers have cultural significance in our society and knowing their names can help people understand the cultural context of the flower.
- Photography: Flower names in Telugu can help photographers to identify and label their photos.
- Gardening and Horticulture: It also helps to identify and properly care for plants in a garden.
- Communication: Knowing the name of a flower can help in communication between people in the professions of horticulture, floristry, and botany.
- Nature Study: It can help in the study of botany and identify different plant species in the forest.
- Scientific Research: In scientific research, the accurate identification and nomenclature of plants are important for understanding their ecology, evolutionary history, and relationships with other species.
- Personal Interest: Some people may be interested in flower names in Telugu or any language for personal reasons.
- Poetry and Literature: It helps to appreciate and understand references to flowers in poetry and literature.
- Identification: Identifying a flower’s name can help people understand its characteristics and how it grows.
Knowing the names of flowers in Telugu as well as other languages is essential for communication, culture, research, and other purposes. It also helps in identifying and naming different flowers making it easier to understand their beauty and importance.